There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- the act of detracting something, or something detracted
- a derogatory or malicious statement; a disparagement, misrepresentation or slander
- (Roman Catholic Church) the act of revealing previously unknown faults of another person to a third person.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
De*trac"tion (?), n. [F.
détraction, L. detractio.] 1.
A taking away or withdrawing. [Obs.]
The detraction of the eggs of the said wild
2. The act of taking away from the reputation
or good name of another; a lessening or cheapening in the estimation
of others; the act of depreciating another, from envy or malice;
Syn. -- Depreciation; disparagement; derogation; slander;
calumny; aspersion; censure.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Detracton
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Detraction
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.