- The art of conducting international relations by negotiating alliances, treaties, agreements etc., especially dexterity in securing advantage for one's nation.
- Tact and subtle skill in dealing with people.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
DIPLOMACY, n. The patriotic art of lying for one's country.
- 1811 Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue
Di*plo"ma*cy (?), n. [F.
diplomatie. This word, like supremacy, retains the
accent of its original. See Diploma.] 1.
The art and practice of conducting negotiations between nations
(particularly in securing treaties), including the methods and forms
2. Dexterity or skill in securing advantages;
3. The body of ministers or envoys resident
at a court; the diplomatic body. [R.] Burke.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Diplomcy
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Diplomacy
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.