DRUMMER. A jockey term for a horse that throws about
his fore legs irregularly: the idea is taken from a kettle
drummer, who in beating makes many flourishes with
- The Devil's Dictionary (Ambrose Bierce)
Drum"mer (?), n. 1.
One whose office is to best the drum, as in military exercises
2. One who solicits custom; a commercial
traveler. [Colloq. U.S.] Bartlett.
3. (Zoöl.) A fish that makes a
sound when caught; as: (a) The
squeteague. (b) A California
4. (Zoöl.) A large West Indian
cockroach (Blatta gigantea) which drums on woodwork, as a
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Drmmer
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: DRUMMER
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.