There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- A place where manufacturing takes place.
- A building within which manufacturing takes place.
- A device which produces or manufactures something.
- (Computer programming) A portion of a computer program which creates a programming language object.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Fac"to*ry (?), n.; pl.
Factories (-r&?;z). [Cf. F. factorerie.]
1. A house or place where factors, or commercial
agents, reside, to transact business for their employers. "The
Company's factory at Madras." Burke.
2. The body of factors in any place; as, a
chaplain to a British factory. W. Guthrie.
3. A building, or collection of buildings,
appropriated to the manufacture of goods; the place where workmen are
employed in fabricating goods, wares, or utensils; a manufactory; as,
a cotton factory.
Factory leg (Med.), a variety of
bandy leg, associated with partial dislocation of the tibia, produced
in young children by working in factories.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.